We offer a variety of ways in which to help your pets travelling to countries from Canada. We are located in Calgary and Toronto but are well equipped to assist you and your pets regardless of which province or territory you reside in.
- Full Service Including:
- Guidance on veterinary requirements for the country of your choice
- Final Veterinary Appointment at our local veterinarian office
- CFIA endorsement of documents prior to travel
- Flight booking, planning, scheduling
- Check-in at airline
- Comfort stops internationally if required (Example. Amsterdam, Frankfurt)
- Import Services at your requested destination including customs clearance
- Delivery at your requested destination
- Flight Booking Only
- If you would like to handle the vet requirements, CFIA and transportation on your own, then we can offer to book the flight for you only. We understand that sometimes the toughest part of planning your pets travel can be planning and booking the flights that work with your timeline, so we are here to help!
- Guidance only
- If you would like to book and plan your pets flight, but do not know the import requirements in terms of veterinary paperwork at your requested destination, we can offer a guidance only service to assist.
We can offer International Services for pets relocating all around the world including destinations like:
- EU Countries
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
And many more! If you have a destination that you are travelling to that is not on our list, please still submit a quotation, as we may be able to still offer you service.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT TRANSPORT TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AT THIS TIME.
We offer import services for pets travelling to Canada from various countries around the world. We can assist with CFIA import permits, brokering services, layovers or onward domestic travel following international arrival and clearance into Canada. Many airlines are now requiring the OK to Forward to come from an IPATA agent and we are able to provide that service as well if required. Each import is different so please reach out to us for a quote based on your pet’s requirements for entry to Canada. At this time we can offer import services in both Calgary and Toronto.
- Brokering Services for Commercial or Personal Pet Shipments
- CFIA Import Permit Applications & Requirements
- Liaison with Booking Agent in Foreign Countries
- Onward travel throughout Canada
At the Lounge we offer comfort stop service for West Jet in Calgary and Toronto. If your pet is booked for a comfort stop between flights with West Jet you can reach out to us directly for an update on their stay. If your pet is travelling to Canada on any other airline we are only able to provide comfort stops for international arrivals once they have cleared customs at their first point of entry. We can always arrange for their onward travel to other destinations throughout Canada in conjunction with their comfort stop if required. We strive to make your pets’ travel a little bit less stressful by providing a loving and comfortable environment for them to relax in while they are with us.
Here at the Lounge, we offer pet taxi services to and from the following airports:
- Toronto Pearson (YYZ)
- Calgary International (YYC)
- Montreal (YUL)
- Ottawa (YOW)
We can collect your pets from any airline at these airports, and transfer them back if needed. Does your pet need to stay overnight before catching their connecting flight? Visit our comfort stop section and read about how well we take care of your furry friend while they wait to catch their flight!
SNUB NOSED BREEDS
Here at the Lounge, we can book flights domestically and internationally for our snub-nosed breeds like the French Bulldog and English Bulldog. Some airlines, including WestJet, require you to book snub-nosed breeds through an IPATA agent. We are IPATA registered and are happy to help!
It is critical to your pets wellbeing when travelling that your pet travels in a crate that is suitable for them. This means a crate that is not too small but also means a crate that is not too big. A crate that is too big for your pet can mean if the flight has some turbulence your pet can become unsettled. We at IAL are experts in being able to select the correct size for your pet. All crates offered comply with IATA specifications and are therefore approved by the airlines.
Pet transportation can be a little stressful for both pet and owner. Starting out with the right, airline-approved animal crate reduces the concerns. Need to transport a more exotic animal or unusual pet? Whether it’s an exotic fish, bird, goat, llama, or pot-belly pig, we can help. We will help you choose an airline-approved animal crate that suits your pet and keeps it comfortable and safe wherever it’s flying to. Smaller animals like birds and reptiles travel in wooden crates with steel mesh panels while the largest passengers need custom-built animal crates.
We can also look after the import/export documentation, quarantine, vaccinations and all other international pet travel requirements. You can rely on IAL our extensive experience and network to make your pet travel plans as smooth as possible.