Operations Assistant – Toronto
Operations Assistant – Toronto (Evenings and Rotating Weekend Availability Required)
Rapidly growing animal transportation business is seeking a new member for the team! The specialized industry of air animal transportation requires a wide range of skills that go beyond traditional air cargo brokerage. So, enthusiasm, ambition to learn and a keen eye for detail is important. This is a public–facing position in which customer service skills are imperative.
Experience in animal transportation or care is an asset, however we will provide training for the ideal candidate. There is room for growth and advancement for a motivated individual.
Candidates should live within commuting distance of Toronto and Hamilton Airports and be willing to commute to the Uxbridge office once or twice a month. The operations assistant will work closely with the operations manager and may be called upon to assist the sales department with special events when necessary.
- Support services for our pet comfort stop program as well as the international and domestic travel programs: pick ups and drop offs, pet care while in IAL custody, CFIA appointments, private vet appointments, kennel fittings, taxi services, pet identification, etc.
- Administrative support for operations manager for all files: standard document management, filing, reception and pre–filling documents.
- Client interaction including keeping clients advised of details and updates related to their pet’s travel.
- Collect and organize photos for social media promotions.
- Travel may be required on an ad hoc basis for educational events/conferences or promotional events.
- Proven experience in animal care. Experience as a vet technician or in other similar positions will be considered a plus (not necessarily pets).
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks whilst providing quality service.
- Friendly, professional, positive, and courteous attitude to represent IAL to our clients.
- Good computer skills (MS Office and standard social media).
- Proficiency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well–organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem–solving
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while providing support to the larger team.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to [email protected]
Applications Close Friday March 3rd at 5pm.